Hello! I know it's been awhile. I've been wrapped up in birthdays and 1st Halloweens and all sort of fun things like that. We are still meeting regularly for yoga though, Mondays 5:45-6:45pm and Tuesdays 10:15-11:00am. At the Tuesday morning class I suggested we all practice the balance pose "Half Moon" or Ardha Chandrasana (in sanskrit) every day this week. To help with that I said I'd post a bit of info on my blog, so here it is :) ......
This link at YogaJournal.com shows a picture of the pose and walks you through the steps. Please remember, it is a balance pose, so take time to flow with the breath and find a focal point for your gaze. We also talked about practicing this pose along a wall, so that you feel more freedom to open up. If you need a bit more room in the hamstrings, place a block (or book) under your bottom hand and remember if the shoulder feels tight, keep the top hand on the top hip (you don't have to reach the top hand up). Just breath and be with the pose, with the sensations, not the thoughts about the sensations. And whether you're able to be with the pose one breath or 10 breaths, enjoy that time, completely present.
Please let me know if you have any questions and I'd love to hear your comments about the experience.
I hope to see you at class next week. We'll work with some imagery in savasana (final pose).
Namaste,
Nance
No comments:
Post a Comment